“The glass does not have to be filled with 100% poison to kill you.” – A.W. Tozer
When the apostle Paul penned down his pastoral instruction to Titus, he mentioned a group of men who “must be stopped.” The characteristics of these me are as follow (Titus 1:10-12):
1. They are Many. “For there are many unruly…” These men oppose the order of God’s House, they are everywhere.
2. They are Mouthy. “and vain talkers…” They speak vain, empty, and shallow words. They try to manipulate and capture the attention of men through fanciful articulation, but they have no substance.
3. They are Mischievous. “and deceivers…” The word “deceive” stems from two Greek words: one, to capture or infiltrate the mind, and two, to promote error. Therefore, these men are brainwashers.
4. They are Malicious.“…(they) are liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.” These are sensual savages who live like animals in the kingdom of God. They are liars, they are lascivious, and they are lazy.
5. They are Money Hungry. “…teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre’s sake.” Their motivation is one of greed and gluttony. They are not genuine shepherds. They are thieves, robbers, strangers, and hirelings. They must be stopped.
Daily Reading: 1 Kings 8-9
Click the link below to share
© 2018 Seeds for the Soul. All Rights Reserved.Moses Theme by Church Themer