“Thou who has given so much to me, give me one more thing – a thankful heart” –George Hebert
The very first passage of Scripture that I memorized by heart was Psalm 100. My motivation for learning the passage was prompted by my Sunday School teacher. She promised a gift to every student who could quote the passage verbatim.
That was over thirty years ago, and I have no idea what she rewarded me for memorizing the verse. The reward was short-lived and quickly discarded. As a child, I didn’t realize that the true gift would be the passage itself. Through the years, this verse has challenged me to live a life of praise and worship. On this Thanksgiving Day, I challenge you to have a Psalm 100 kind of day.
1. Be Heard! – (v1) Make a joyful noise unto the Lord
2. Be Happy! – (v2) Serve the Lord with gladness
3. Be Humble – (v3) Know the Lord has made us, and not we ourselves
4. Be Holy! – (v4) Enter His gates with thanksgiving
5. Behold! – (v5) The Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generation
Will you do all of these today? Don’t let Thanksgiving pass without spending some time in praise and worship to your Heavenly Father.
(Follow the Link Above for Scripture Reading)
© 2018 Seeds for the Soul. All Rights Reserved.Moses Theme by Church Themer